Butter beans pulao
- Posted By: Healthy Buddha
- Category: Lunch
- Level: Easy
- Cooking Time: 25 min
- Serves: 2
- Views: 298
Butter beans pulao recipe adapted from Andhra style Pachi mirchi pulao.
Recipe by Jeyashri suresh
- 1 cup butter beans
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1.25 cups of water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp curd | yogurt
- Salt as needed
- 2 thinly sliced onions
- To grind
- 4-5 green chili
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 small piece kal paasi | stone flower
- Few mint leaves
- Few coriander leaves
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in 1.25 cups of water for 20 minutes.
- In a mixie jar add the 4-5 green chili, coriander leaves, mint leaves, 3 cloves garlic, fennel seeds, 1 small piece stone flower.
- I made a little spicier pulao, so added 5 green chilis
- Pulse this into a coarse paste and keep it aside.
- Do not add water while doing this.
- In a pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp of oil and add 2 thinly sliced onions.
- Add little salt.
- Cook till they become light golden brown.
- Now add the coarsely ground paste to this.
- Cook for 2 minutes till the raw smell goes off.
- Add 1 tbsp of yogurt to this. Adding yogurt balances the spiciness of the pulao.
- Now add 1 cup of butter beans.
- If you don’t get butter beans at your place, replace it with peas or cooked chana.
- Now add the washed and soaked basmati rice.
- Check for salt.
- Cover and cook for 1 whistle.
- Keep in low flame for 10 minutes.
- Now switch off the flame.
- Let the pressure subside on its own.
- Open and add 1 tsp of ghee.
- Gently mix from the sides.
- Spicy butter beans pulao is ready.
- Serve with any raita of your choice.