Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
Soapstone Cookware - Kuzhi Paniyarakal (12 Holes, Pre Seasoned)
Qty :Out Of Stock
This pan comes with 12 pits called ' Kuzhi ' & is perfect for making your fluffy Paniyarams and even for sweet appams.
These are carved out of soapstone, a naturally occurring soft stone. Soap stone has been used in India for thousands of years for carving and for making vessels. In many households, it is passed on from generation to generation.
Soapstone is known to retain heat longer. It cooks very evenly, reduces the time taken to cook and energy resources needed.
It has higher content of calcium, and has no artificial colours used. Among all vessels it is known to retain maximum nutrition of the cooked produce.
These cookware fits perfectly in modern kitchen and works efficiently in gas burners.
They are natural and from the earth. Each piece is carefully hand chiseled by artisans from Tamil Nadu. We aim to keep these traditional cookware in use and want their artisanship to be preserved as well. Before we brought it to you we visited the artists who make them
The pans can't be used directly, they need to be preseasoned for cooking. You dont have to worry about that, we have them preseasoned and ready for you to use. .
VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW (USAGE)
- Even though these are seasoned already, they should be introduced gently and slowly into cooking.
- During initial cooking heat must be introduced slowly.
- Do not keep the empty pan on flame for long time.
- Best to use a wooden spatula with this pan.
- Don't expose it to sudden and high heats can lead to cracking.
- While lifting them, do so only by hand or if hot, with a towel. Do not lift with any tongs or clamps.
- Allow the tawa to adjust to room temperature before washing or storing them, and never sit a hot tawa on a cold surface.
- Wash them only by hand. Dont use a very abbrasive pad to scrub them. Do not use very strong scented soaps.
- Please note, they will break if you drop it down. So please handle them with care.
We understand that If you like us to share more pics of these or have any clarifications, before ordering - you can whatsapp us at 7338-343303Seasoning over 7 days - we have saved you this effort already :-)We pour and keep hot starch water. This is done twice a day for 4 days.We boil starch water once in wood fireWe boil starch water once in gasAfter this we apply castor oil and turmeric.You may also like
- Daily Staples