Egg Arugula Open Sandwich Recipe
- Posted By: Healthy Buddha
- Category: Breakfast
- Level: Easy
- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Serves: 4 sandwiches
- Views: 791
About Recipe:Eggs and Arugula are a delicious combination. Super simple and fast breakfast option or even a brunch. Good way to include greens like Arugula. Recipe by Joy
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Bread slices - bread of your choice
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Oil - as needed to grease pan
- ¼ cup mayonnaise ( optional )
- Mix arugula with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, black pepper and garlic in a bowl until coated; divide arugula in fourths, placing each portion on top of a bread slice. ( Add the garlic to mayonnaise, mix well and spread on slice before adding arugula - optional step)
- A greased pan, place over medium-high heat and crack eggs into it, one at a time.
- Cook on one side only until whites are firm and yolks are slightly runny, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season eggs with salt and black pepper.
- Gently place an egg on each open-face sandwich.
- Note : Add any other topping/sides that you would wish ( tomato/ sprouts / avocado etc )
- Enjoy a yummy meal.