A good soap should have 3 basic ingredients, find out which ones
- From what I have learnt along the way.. I understand that when you turn over to your soap label there should be just 3 basic ingredients - natural saponified oil such as coconut or olive, glycerine and water.
- This uses the basic and simple step process saponification : using an acid and a base. Fatty acid in this case comes from pure coconut oil and the base is caustic soda (sodium hydroxide).
- At the end of saponification you are left with sodium salt(soap), glycerine and water. They are left to cure till no more acid or base remains. A soap made well, is when none of the acid or base is left over in it. Fragrances if any are added in the form of essential oils directly from natural botanical sources.
- The natural glycerine is retained & final outcome its untouched so the goodness is retained in entirety.
- This should be then confirmed by a government authorised lab test.