Sustainable Kitchen Hack: Switch to Beeswax Wraps
Are you using plastic cling film for food storage in your kitchen ?
Then we say it’s time to switch to a more sustainable option, Beeswax Wraps.
You've probably seen this listed on our website and wondered what it is. So did many others. A poll on our social media showed that over 70% weren’t even aware what these wraps are, how and why to use them.
So we’ve put together a guide to help you switch. Read on..
What are they exactly? Beeswax wraps are handmade with organic cotton and beeswax.
How to use them?
- Open out the Wraps, Crush them 2-3 times to activate their structure.
- Once this is done wrap it over a container of food to be stored, or directly over food and seal with a bit of pressure and heat from the hand.
- Make sure the contents are in a cooled state.
- You can use them to cover over utensils, wrap your greens and even wrap cut vegetables.
- Make sure to seal them well on all sides, to maintain freshness.
- When placed in the fridge, the freshness is maintained until approximately 2 days (but, depends on the freshness of initial contents)
- After use-age, wash them with cold water, dry them out well and they’re ready to be used multiple times.
- You could even used a mild soap and gentle scrubbing to clean them, if required.
[FIRST NAME GOES HERE], Click below to watch a visual guide
Why switch to Beeswax Wraps?
- Natural and Sustainable option.
- Hand made with pure cotton and Beeswax.
- Can be reused multiple times.
- Beeswax has antibacterial and antifungal properties.