Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
Arbi (Colocasia / Kesavina gedde)
Despite its Hindi name, arvi or arbi, which may suggest to a layperson a connection, however faint, with the Arab world, colocasia is one of the oldest vegetables of the Indian Subcontinent. Before the potato taking over the kitchens in such a comprehensive manner, colocasia was the preferred tuber.
Brown coloured skin with white pulp inside, arbi is a starchy root vegetable cultivated in Asia and enjoyed all around the world. It is called Taro root in English,
The taro roots have a nutty flavor.
Use: in the south, in Kerala, the tuber is fried or curried and eaten with rice. Could also be used for preparing taro chips, crispy taro pancakes, taro cheesecakes, taro fries, and taro buns.
Best way to consume it is boiled or steamed arbi which could be mixed with onions and lemon juice for good taste. You could also dress it with some coriander leaves for a wholesome platter.
Come along harvest some organic arbi with us - CLICK HERE to check out the harvest at our farm
You may also like
- Taro root is a fiber-rich food. Dietary fiber has the potential to maintain the blood sugar level. Hence it is helpful in diabetes management.
- Helps improve digestive health
- Good source of dietary fiber and potassium that help in heart health.
- Lower in fat and sodium aiding prevention/management of hypertension
- Arbi, being rich in fiber content makes your stomach feel fuller for longer hours and reduces the number of calories intake throughout the day.
- Organic Cow Ghee
- order fruits online
- buy dry fruits online
- whole wheat bread
- buy millet flour
- fresh vegetables online
- Healthy Snacks Online
- Buy Gardening Tools
- Buy Books Online
- Traditional Utensils Online
- Personal Care Products Online
- Buy Natural Cleaners
- Pooja Essentials
- Button Mushrooms
- Brown Sugar
- Brown Eggs
- Jaggery Powder
- Banana Leaf
- Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- Peanut butter
- Daily Staples