Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
Peas Green (With Skin) ~ some will have dry marks on skin
Peas green from hosur
They have been part of the human diet for hundreds of years and are consumed all over the world. They are part of thefamily, which consists of plants that produce pods with seeds inside. Lentils, chickpeas, beans and peanuts are also legumes.
They can be eaten raw or gently cooked and used in curries, rice, parathas, soups, salads, etc. Saute and flavour them with butter or salt and pepper.
You may also like
- Green peas are fairly low in calories and contain several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. They’re also high in fiber and protein.
- Green peas are one of the best plant-based sources of protein, which is a major reason why they are so filling, along with their high amount of fiber.
- Eating protein increases the levels of certain hormones in your body that reduce appetite. Protein works together with fiber to slow digestion and promote feelings of fullness
- Eating adequate amounts of protein and fiber may automatically reduce the number of calories you eat throughout the day by keeping your appetite under control
- The unique protein content of green peas makes them an excellent food choice for those who do not eat animal products.
- Daily Staples