Kiwi Karupati Jam Recipe
- Posted By: Ashwini Shetty
- Category: Other
- Level: Easy
- Cooking Time: 60 min
- Serves: 1 small-medium Jar
- Views: 1114
About Recipe:Tried out this interesting jam recipe - I made this kiwi jam using HB kiwis and the karupati ( palm jaggery ) ..it came out very tasty ! The tartness of the Kiwis went very well with this.
- 250 Kiwi
- 150 gms Palm Jaggery / Karupati( made into powder)
- 2 cloves
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/3 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice(if needed)
- Wash and peel off the skin of the kiwis.
- Chop into small pieces and keep aside. Heat powdered jaggery and chopped kiwi together in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Keep on low-medium flame. Add cloves, cinnamon and pepper powder.
- Mix well everything and cook on low flame for 40 mins.
- Add lemon juice and cook on low flame for another 5-10 mins till it reaches jam like consistency.
- To test, take a tbsp of jam and spread it on plate. It shouldn’t be watery.
- Switch off the flame and let the jam come to room temperature.
- Store in a sterilized jar or clean bottle.