Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
Stone Flower (kalpasi/dagar da phool)
Stone flower is a type of lichen that is used as a spice in India. Also known as kalpasi in Tamil, dagar da phool in Punjabi, dagad phool in Marathi, raathi Pootha (banda puvvu) in Telugu, kallu hoovu in Kannada and patthar ke phool in Hindi.
Source: It Is grown in partially shaded areas of tropical wet evergreen forests in north Mizoram.
It is an edible fungus that grows on trees and rocks naturally and doesn’t require any major effort or fertiliser. It grows on its own without any cultivation on trees, rocks and stones.
- By itself raw, it doesn't have any flavour, but cooking application is done it releases the smoky earthy aromas.
- It's majorly used for flavour enhancement.
- Majority use as a spice in tempering & part of masalas.
- They could also be used as soup thickeners, and in marinades.
- Commonly used in biriyani preprations as well
Health benefits of Stone Flower/Kalpasi
useful in treating sores, bronchitis, excessive salivation, toothache, boils, inflammations, seminal weakness, spermatorrhoea, amenorrhoea, dyspepsia, calculi, blood disorders.
It is effective in treatment for heart diseases, stomach disorders, enlarged spleen, piles, scabies, leprosy and general pain.
Smoke of drug is believed to relieve headache and powder is applied on woundsYou may also like
- Organic Cow Ghee
- order fruits online
- buy dry fruits online
- whole wheat bread
- buy millet flour
- fresh vegetables online
- Healthy Snacks Online
- Buy Gardening Tools
- Buy Books Online
- Traditional Utensils Online
- Personal Care Products Online
- Buy Natural Cleaners
- Pooja Essentials
- Button Mushrooms
- Brown Sugar
- Brown Eggs
- Jaggery Powder
- Banana Leaf
- Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- Peanut butter
- Daily Staples