Fruits & Vegetables
- Daily Staples
- Snacks & More
- Bakery & Dairy
Oopss, are you sure you want to move away from this page... You were in the middle of editing an existing order, and may want to complete the transaction by hitting the checkout buttonMove awayContinue Shopping
Galangal (Thai Ginger) Powder - 150Gms
Galangal or Galanga, also known as Thai Ginger, is a plant in the ginger (Zingiberaceae) family. Traditionally, its is used as a flavouring spice in the cuisines of Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and China. Galangal has a similar taste and aroma to that of Ginger root. The spicy, peppery, and aromatic qualities of Galangal are a signature flavour in many traditional dishes including curries, soups, and rice preparations.
Use: You can use Galangal powder in sauces, curries, salads, soups, tea and rubs. Or you can add small amounts of it in baking for some added spice. Powdered Galangal tastes sweet, spicy with a hint of cinnamon. While Galangal can be used internally and externally, the health benefits of Galangal are achieved by consuming it.
Tip: Galangal in tea pairs well with lemongrass.
Benefits : Galangal is a bounty of natural medicine. It’s packed with has numerous natural active compounds with high medicinal value.
- Eating Galangal helps in relieving stomach discomfort caused by inflammation or other diseases.
- It helps in curbing down the sea and motion sickness.
- It also helps in promoting the blood circulation in the body.
- Galangal is a good source of fibre. It is rich in iron, sodium, Vitamin A, C, flavonoids, phytonutrients, emodin, betasitosterol, quercetin, and galangin.
- Galangal has also been used in the treatment of hair and scalp, as an Ayurvedic medicine.
- It is a powerful antiseptic and cleanser that helps to keep the skin clean.
Precaution : Galangal is not recommended for pregnant women because it has a menstrual effect. In rare cases, Galangal can cause stomach pressure and stomach aches after an overdose (over 2 g daily).You may also like
- Organic Cow Ghee
- order fruits online
- buy dry fruits online
- whole wheat bread
- buy millet flour
- fresh vegetables online
- Healthy Snacks Online
- Buy Gardening Tools
- Buy Books Online
- Traditional Utensils Online
- Personal Care Products Online
- Buy Natural Cleaners
- Pooja Essentials
- Button Mushrooms
- Brown Sugar
- Brown Eggs
- Jaggery Powder
- Banana Leaf
- Cold Pressed Sunflower Oil
- Peanut butter
- Daily Staples