The broken wheat or dalia is less glutinous, relatively less hypo-allergenic and more fibrous than the commonly available wheat flour. Packed with fiber, proteins, vitamins and minerals, this is grown completely nature-friendly.
Our Wheat Dalia comes from farms in UP and is of a superior wheat variety named Kathiya, which is a reddish (high bran) ancient variety. Hence it is slightly at a premium when compared with other available brands, but so is the quality.
High fiber content aids in a robust digestive system. Helps in alleviating constipation, improves immunity and reduces cholesterol
Wheat is hand-picked / cleaned and milled in machine followed by roasting of cracked wheat grains in a natural environment. This particular kind of wheat is more exo-friendly, wherein it consumes less water while growing when compared with other varieties.
• It is often used to make soups and to stuff vegetables.
• Many people use it as a staple, serving vegetables or meats alongside it.
• It can also be used in grain pulaos, multi-grain breads and pancakes.
• In Middle Eastern cuisine, Tabbouleh salad made of broken wheat is very famous
• In India, several kheers and sweet dishes like lapsi are prepared using broken wheat.
• In south India, broken wheat kheer prepared along with coconut milk and jaggery is a festive delicacy.
• Broken wheat upma is yet another popular breakfast or snack item in India. The savoury preparation is similar to rawa upma with vegetables.
• It may be prepared as a soft-cooked bhaath, along with lentils, veggies, peanuts and tamarind pulp or lemon juice for tang.
How to store:
• Broken wheat should be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry and dark place.