Plum Cake Recipe
- Posted By: Healthy Buddha
- Category: Dessert
- Level: Medium
- Cooking Time: 45 min
- Serves: 4-5
- Views: 958
About Recipe:Wholewheat Jaggery Almond plum cake !!! I love fruits in my dessert - specially the tart berries and plums which counter the sweetness of the cake and gives our taste buds the 360° experience. This almond plum cake was just that. I had a lot of fun arranging the plums too - it looked as pretty before going to the oven as it looked after it got out all cooked.
I got these juicy sweet tarty organic Kashmiri plums from Healthybuddhaorganic - def worth a try !!! - Recipe by Rashmi
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, plus some for pan prep
- 1 cup whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting pan prep
- 1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp ground flax and chia seeds
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup skimmed milk
- Finely grated zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp jaggery powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 9-10 fresh plums,quartered and pitted
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees C
- Lightly oil and dust with flour an 8 or 9-inch spring form pan (alternately, you can oil and dust the sides of the pan and line the bottom with parchment paper).
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the flour, almond meal, baking powder, 1 cup jaggery powder ,ground flax/chia seeds, almonds ,lemon zest and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oil, egg, milk and lemon juice and the almond extract.
- Whisk the wet ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until well combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Arrange the plum quarters coated with the remaining 2 tbsp jaggery, on top of the batter.
- Bake until the topping is golden brown a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove the ring from the pan and place the cake on a serving platter.
- Cut into wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.
- To make your plum cake more aromatic and irresistable you can buy organic jaggery powder online from Healthy Buddha.