Avarekalu Paddu Recipe
- Posted By: Healthy Buddha
- Category: Breakfast
- Level: Easy
- Cooking Time: 20 mins min
- Serves: 4
- Views: 1161
About Recipe:Fun and interesting way to include avarekalu in form of paddu/paniyaram. Can have it as a breakfast/ snacks. Start winter mornings with some hot paddus and favorite chutney of your choice. It is dish that is part of menu at Avarebele Mela in Bengaluru. Recipe by Pushpa - palateobypushpa.blogspot
- 2 cups Dosa Rice
- 1/2 cup Urad Dal
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 1/2 spoon Methi seeds
- 1/2 cup Poha ( thin)
- 1 cup Hyacinth beans/ Avarekalu (Hitakida)
- 2 Onions chopped
- 1 cup Dill Leaves/ Sabsigesoppu finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- Soak dosa rice in a vessel and keep it aside.
- Soak urad dal, moong dal and methi seeds in a separate vessel for 7 - 8 hours.
- After 7 hours, grind all the ingredients and add poha while grinding.
- Paddu batter is ready and it has to be fermented for 8 hours.
- After batter is fermented add salt.
- Cook hyacinth beans in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- Add onion, hyacinth beans, green chilli and Dill leaves to 2 cups of paddu batter.
- Heat paddu tawa on a medium flame and add 1/2 spoon oil and pour batter into the moulds.
- Cook both the sides untill it turns golden brown.
- Serve hot paddus with chutney.
- Tip: You can even add 1/2 cup red raw rice with dosa rice as red raw rice is healthy.