I always buy bananas, but there are no takers in the house apart from me. So, what I do is sneak in bananas into muffins so that others in the house eat it . The success of this recipe is in how ripe your bananas are. The riper, the better.
This is the first time I am baking with emmer wheat flour and I am happy with the result.
Recipe by Lakshmi adapted from lovefoodeat.com
- 5 ripe yelaki bananas
- 1/4 cup palm sugar
- 1/3 cup ghee ( use any oil substitute that you normally use for baking, but I prefer ghee )
- 1/3 cup of milk
- A drop of vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed powder mixed in 3 tbsp warm water
- 1.5 cups emmer wheat flour with 0.5 tsp of baking powder and 0.5tsp of baking soda , sieved twice.
- Grind the bananas.
- Mix in palm sugar, milk, ghee, vanilla, flax eggs and salt .
- Whisk until everything is combined.
- Fold in sieved dry ingredients.
- Add a tbsp water to get the dropping consistency for muffins. Line the tray, put batter upto 3/4th level.
- Bake it at 180 for 35 to 40 mins.
- You can garnish with items of your choice before popping it into the oven.