Traditional Diwali Legiyam Recipe
- Posted By: Healthy Buddha
- Category: Other
- Level: Easy
- Cooking Time: 30-35 min
- Serves: 10
- Views: 1358
About Recipe:Diwali morning doesn't feel like Diwali unless your grandparent stuffs your mouth with a bit of Legiyam after waking up Our ancestors have literally thought about everything! This age old sweet and spicy concoction has always been taken in anticipation of all the festive feasting we are about to do. It is supposed to prevent/relieve any discomforts we may feel. Usually a lemon sized ball had on empty stomach on Diwali mornings. Apart from that can be had anytime in between too.
- Ginger- washed, deskinned and cut into small pieces - 2 cups
- Jeera- 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds- 1/4 cup
- Jaggery - 1:1 with Ginger paste
- Ghee - 2-3 tbsp
- Grind deskinned ginger, jeera and coriander seed to a fine paste adding water.
- Take jaggery equal to the measure of the ground paste in a kada melt it adding about 1/4 cup of water.
- Once it is melt completely, add in the ginger paste cook this stirring continuously.
- Continue till the mixture thickens, add about 2 table spoons of ghee, and cook till halwa like consistency.
- Once it comes off the sides, you're all set