Hi Supermoms, I am sharing a healthy Protein rich dosai recipe that requires no fermentation. Soak the legumes and lentils for a few hours, grind into a smooth batter and make your dosai.
You can use legumes and lentils of your choice too. You can add vegetables and make it more colourful and wholesome. This dosai is a complete meal by itself.
It tastes great without any accompaniments. However, you can always serve it with your choice of chutneys or podi. Peanut podi is a great choice for this dosai.
Recipe by Uma Raghuraman ( masterchefmom )
- 1/4 cup garbanzo beans/kabuli channa
- 1/4 cup dark garbanzo beans/kala channa
- 1/4 cup whole green gram
- 1/4 cup husked black gram/urad dal ( whole or split)
- 1/4 cup pigeon peas/tuvar dal
- 1 cup rice ( I used Sona Masoori/Ponni rice)
- 3-4 dry red chillies ( adjust according to your spice preference)
- 1 onion ( chopped)( optional)
- 1" ginger ( chopped)
- 1 sprig curry leaves ( optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves ( optional)
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon organic sesame oil (to make the dosai)
- Note: 1 cup = 250 ml cup
- Wash all the legumes, lentils and rice together and soak for 5 hours along with dry red chillies.
- Drain excess water, grind the soaked ingredients along with onion, ginger, coriander, curry leaves into a smooth batter.
- Chef tip: Adjust water quantity while grinding. The batter should not be too thick or too thin.
- Add salt, mix well and your Protein Dosai batter is now ready.
- Heat your tava, grease and when the tava is hot, start making the dosai ( cook on both sides).
- Instead of grinding the vegetables and herbs in the batter, you can also sprinkle it on top of your dosai.
- Your delicious and healthy protein dosai is now ready!